Verified Reviewer

Update by user Jul 27, 2021

As of July 8th 2021, US Bank has officially closed my checking account but I have not received my cashier check from them. Today date is July 27th 2021, I have contacted US Bank numerous times regarding as to when was the cashier check mailed out.

NO ONE from the bank can give me an answer!

US BANK NEEDS SOME PROFESSIONAL HELP! I really don’t know how US Bank is still in business or how can anyone still bank with this bank.

Original review posted by user Jun 24, 2021

I opened a checking account around beginning of May, I deposited my stimulus check which was 2800 and had my loan direct deposited in the amount of $16,285. After my loan was deposited US Bank froze my account and advised for me to step into the branch with my ID to verify myself.

On May 12th I went to my home branch and had myself verified by the branch manager. She also advised me that my account was in the process of closure and that my account will be closed within 15 days and they will mail me a cashier check with the remaining funds in my account.

Now up to date, my account is still in the process of closing, now all of a sudden the e-fraud department has advised me that they will be sending back the $16,285 back to the lender.

And they will not give me a reason as to why they are sending it back to my lender. Yet on top of that US Bank cannot give me an exact date as to when my account will be officially closed.

User's recommendation: DO NOT GO WITH US BANK! They play games and their e-fraud department is a lesson on customer service skills.

Product or Service Mentioned: Us Bank Banking Service.

Preferred solution: For my account to be closed and issue me the full amount that is in my account. .

US Bank Pros: Cheating their customers.

US Bank Cons: Are unprofessional, That they were unable to fix the problem, Slow to resolve the issues.

Location: 15555 Brookhurst Street, Westminster, CA 92683