103 views
Verified Reviewer

I've been locked out of my unemployment funds that are paid through US Bank Reliacard. A month ago, they said there was fraudulent activity on my card. So, they issued me a new card.

The 1st problem, in a very long list, is two of the cards would not activate, so I had to wait for a third card. It usually takes 5-7 business days for the card to arrive. September 17th the 3rd card arrived and I activated it. It was active for one day, and then declined at the grocery store. After a week of numerous phone calls and waiting on hold for 4-5 hours at a time, I was informed there had been a freeze put on my card because they were auditing my account. I was told I needed to fax in a copy of my driver's license, rental agreement, and SSN card, and it would take 3 days. I faxed these documents on the 28th of September, and called 3 days later.

The first customer service rep I spoke with said it could take up to 120 days for them to do the audit. I insisted on speaking to a manager and was hung up on. I called back, pretended I didn't hear the 120-day thing, nor did I ask. I was told they could not find my documents and that I just needed to keep checking back.

On October 7th I would not accept their response of “call back”, and I demanded something be done. They asked me if when I faxed my documents, I increased the photocopy size on driver's license by 200%, because if I hadn't my fax papers were tossed.

So, on Friday 10/09/20, I went back to the UPS store to fax the documents with the NEW instructions only to have the UPS store try 12 times to fax my documents and the fax would not go through. UPS said the machine is responding like it's off the hook or unplugged on Reliacards end.

I came home called Reliacard and was literally told “hmm, that doesn't sound right, but maybe try back on Monday”.

As of today, 10/10/2020 I have not been able to send the fax with my documents. That means my account is sitting there locked and I have no way to correct this.

I feel like I am on the *** of a nervous breakdown, and US Bank couldn't care less. I have almost $3000 on my card that I cannot access because EVERY TIME I get the run around and new hoops to jump through. My utilities and rent are late, and there are late fees adding up. The burden upon me is great as I am raising my grandchildren. I have NO groceries, or gas in my car to get them to school. We set out walking an hour before school starts as it is over a mile away. I had to borrow money from a neighbor just to send the fax. I am desperate for someone to guide me on how to resolve this and be granted access to the unemployment I am entitled to.

User's recommendation: I have none.

Product or Service Mentioned: Us Bank Debit Card.

Preferred solution: Lift the questionable freeze on my unemployment funds.

US Bank Pros: No pro.

US Bank Cons: Customer service reps unhelpful, Failed to call back in promised time frames, This bank wasted my time.

Comments

#1935328

i feel you im going thru same type of thing only they froze my account because their employee was in capable of putting 1/2 in my adress i have faxed them documents four times once thru a fax at public library one of the documents was not clear enough brightened x200 enlarged by x200 then i did it again this time thru their app once again one of the documents was not clear enough re sent it again and now its they cant open file wrong format re formatted file sent it again and now its gonna be 8 days to proccess info and thats only if its readable proper format ect..ive been doing this september 3rd i have been hung up on several times after 1-2 waits usually after i ask to talk to supervisor or fraud dept

#1935786
@PissedConsumer1935328

Hi Friend, I went on twitter yesterday and posted a comment / complaint on U.S. Bank@***k, and this morning a person named Heather sent me a link to verify myself.

I will put the link below. I hate to get my hopes up that this might actually work. I totally agree about them being inept when you call the number on the back of your card. Ive probably spent 24 hrs total waiting on hold, and then I’ve been hung up on at least 15 times.

Anyway, I sincerely wish you luck as you said our situations seem the same.

I think you’d want to type this in to address bar as I’m not sure it’ll actually link The link: Verify.usbank.com/id and it is all in lowercase. I will stay in touch with you here to let you know if it worked for me.

US Bank Reviews