55 views
Verified Reviewer

If you are looking for a bank to handle your financial transactions I strongly recommend that you look skeptically at US Bank. I had a terrible experience with them.

In the summer of 2019 I made payments on my US Bank credit card. US Bank is not my only credit card bank - I have 3 others and I always pay them when due as I closely monitor my credit, knowing how important it is. Ive had no trouble with the other banks, but for some inexplicable reason 2 payments that I made to US Bank were not processed correctly by them. I worked the phone hard to try and straighten out the problem/misunderstanding.

I spoke with Ryan, a US Bank rep who agreed that I had made the payments on-time and any mix-up was on US Banks part. When I asked Ryan if any negative credit information would go forward, he said no.

But he was wrong: US Bank reneged on Ryans promise and reported to Experian, Transunion and Equifax, not just one late payment but two late payments. Late payments significantly depress your credit score. I wrote several letters and spoke many times to their Dispute department but they arrogantly and incompetently refused to accept responsibility for the 2 mistakes they made.

Everyone makes a mistake on occasion, but in US Banks world they are infallible and incapable of making a mistake.

Such conceit is breathtaking!

There are plenty of honest, competent banks who will handle your financial transactions in a dependably, expeditiously way. US Bank is not one of them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Us Bank Credit Card.

Preferred solution: correct 2 reported late payments which never happened -payments made in a timely way.

US Bank Cons: Refusal to take responsibility for their mistakes.

Comments