85 views
Verified Reviewer

1.1

Update by user Nov 23, 2020

As of today my card is still locked. USBank has told me that unless I have a government issued I.D.

(which I can't get until April of 2021) they WILL NOT unlock my card. This has completely ruined my life. I am now having to go to food banks to get food. I haven't had my blood pressure medication in over two weeks.

I'm having to pawn items to pay my bills and I'm out of those. I have been feverishly looking for work but haven't found anything to date. It's ridiculous that a company can just suddenly decide that the documentation that you sent them was okay to get a replacement card, use it for two weeks then just cut you off because it's not enough. I am in the process of going to the Attorney General on this matter and looking into filing a class action lawsuit against USBank.

I'm just one of THOUSANDS they've done this to. I hope their Thanksgiving is as "great" as mine.

Original review posted by user Oct 24, 2020

I am a recipient of the USBank Reliacard, a.k.a, unemployment benefits. I've never had an issue with the card until recently.

In early September I noticed unusual activity on my card and had mine closed. Reliacard sent my card to my old address. After the 7 day waiting period came and went with no card I called them again. I talked with a customer service agent who informed me my address had not been updated in the system and she proceeded to update from there and told me they would be sending my card express.

(3 days). Three days came and went with no card so I called them again only to find out that they now needed verification of my address. I needed to fax in documents showing proof of address. I did so and had to wait another 7-10 days.

In short I waited a MONTH to get my new card. Which I finally received. I activated my card and was using it with no problem and then just over a week ago they put a hold on my account with no notification whatsoever. I have since called Reliacard and they wanted the SAME information as before; which I did.

This was last Saturday. I am now on the phone with them AGAIN and NO ONE seems to know why it's on hold. I've been dealing with this for 6 weeks. The level of INCOMPETENCE is absolutely astounding!!

I, as well as many others that are on unemployment rely solely on this income. I wanted you to be aware that this isn't just happening to me it's happening to people all over Texas. I even filed a complaint with the BBB and the complaints were in the THOUSANDS. Many were similar stories to mine.

We have bills to pay. Rent, Utilities..

This is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE!! It's hard enough with Covid and unemployment but this level of stress is incomprehensible.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE if you don't have to.

Product or Service Mentioned: Us Bank Debit Card.

Preferred solution: Take the HOLD off of my card. I've sent the required information in TWICE!!!.

US Bank Pros: Some friendly staff.

US Bank Cons: No help long wait, Have no answers to help rectify my problem.

Comments