Verified Reviewer

So I have a US Bank Reliacard that I have had for months to collect unemployment during this pandemic. Recently I was forced to move because of being out of work and just not being able to afford the bills.

I moved in with a friend and am sleeping on his couch. I changed my address online and my account was made inactive until I verify my new address which takes 48-72 hours. I am sleeping on a couch so I have no utility bills in my name and am unable to get a new id at this time. I am so far behind on all my bills and now my phone has been shut off and my car has been disabled because I need to make payment which I would do if I was able to access my funds.

I am not asking for a new card or for anything to be mailed to me so I dont understand why I am being denied access to the much needed funds. I have never seen a bank deny you access to funds simply because you moved. I have barely been able to keep my head above water and now US Bank Reliacard decided to put there foot on my head and hold me under.

I have no problem doing the address verification but waiting 48-72 hours to access funds is not right. It is morally disgusting on there part that the employed are denying the struggling unemployed access to money they need in order to survive!!!!!

User's recommendation: Dont count on being able to access funds when needed the most.

Product or Service Mentioned: Us Bank Debit Card.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

US Bank Pros: No pros.

US Bank Cons: Incompetent customer service.

Comments