Verified Reviewer

2.3

I was a US Bank customer for 30 years. For the first time in my entire life I was a victim of an employment scam that cost me over $2100 that impacted my bank accounts.

Instead of working with me on a repayment plan (yes, I was willing to repay the bank because it was my fault for falling for the scam); US Bank decided to close all my accounts. Their reason is, if I could fall for a scam once, it could happen again and they do not want that risk. After 30 years, and being a victim, I was surprised that this is the response. Im sharing my experience with various consumer and social media sites To inform others that US Bank will not have your back if you are a victim regardless of the impact to you and your family especially during these times.

They froze access to any funds I had left and then closed my accounts. I have no access until my next paycheck is deposited into my new with my new. I have not been able to pay for regular household purchases and bills, even after speaking with them and confirming the problem. They advertise and market how they care about their clients and customers with silly commercials, but behind the door they are just the opposite.

Kicking scam victims when their down seems to be ok with this company. Scam victims are already mentally and does not helpemotionally distraught, this

User's recommendation: Choose a different bank.

Preferred solution: Apology.

US Bank Cons: Way they hide policies.

Comments

#2043981

No one pays if they were victims. They file a police report. You don’t pass the smell test.

#2044052
@PissedConsumer2043981

That comment doesn’t even make sense. But thanks for taking the time out of your day to offer me useful advice. I hope it makes you feel better.

US Bank Reviews