Verified Reviewer

Advanced Reviewer
Resolved
4.4
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Mar 30, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with full refund.

Update by user Feb 28, 2021

Branch Manager and Vice President at US Bank in West Dundee rude, obnoxious and aggressive.

Original review posted by user Feb 28, 2021

I only had a US Bank checking and savings for a week before they closed the account for some obscure reason. They then sent me two separate checks - one for $318.64 for the balance in checking and one for $295.00 for the balance in savings.

These were cashier's checks sent by one of the personal bankers at the branch on Randall Road in Elgin,IL.

I received the checks and deposited them into Axos Bank. A few days later, I noticed that I was overdrawn at Axos so I called and they told me the check for $318.64 had been returned to US Bank.

This set off a flurry of activity on my part as I scrambled to get another check to replace the one for $318.64 that had been returned. Once I received the returned check from Axos Bank, I went to the branch of US Bank on Main Street in West Dundee, IL.

One of the tellers was very nice and she called US Bank Internal Affairs. As she was on the phone quite a long time, I had a seat.

The branch manager came over and said hello in a friendly way so I asked her if she could help me as the teller had already come over to tell me that US Bank Internal Affairs said that Axos Bank had credited the check.

I had a seat at the branch manager's desk.

I offered to get Axos Bank on the phone so they could explain to her what had happened, but she impatiently waved away my suggestion. She also seemed more concerned that my mask was pulled up over my nose and mouth than she was in giving proper customer service. She repeatedly pointed to her nose and mouth and growled at me to pull the mask over my nose.

She informed me that there was nothing she could do for me. I asked her what I was supposed to do about my money.

She coldly informed me that I had better not demand anything from her.

She got the personal banker from the Randall Road branch on the phone. In the meantime, I got Axos Bank on the phone. The branch manager from US Bank (who was also a Vice President) told me that Axos owed me the difference between the $295 and the $318.64. I told I knew and that Axos was checking into it while we spoke and that the Axos representative had me on hold.

The branch manager became irate and ordered me to leave the bank even though I had been nice and professional. She threatened me with the police.

When I left the branch in tears, the police were waiting outside for me. While one of the officers went inside to talk to the Branch Manager, the other one spoke to me.

I waited outside in the cold for 20 minutes.

Finally the officer who had gone inside to speak to the Branch Manager came outside and informed me that I was no longer allowed in any US Bank and that if I went to any branch of US Bank, I would be arrested.

I did nothing wrong. US Bank is horrible and their personal bankers and branch managers suck.

Preferred solution: Apology.

US Bank Pros: Screw us bank, Ignore customers on hold, Us bank complaint.

US Bank Cons: Never get thru to anyone, Lack of knowledge of agent who wasted my time.

Location: 704 West Main Street, Dundee, IL 60118