2.5K views

At the near end of my lease termination DataScan, a company hired by US Bank to come and inspect my 04 Lexus GX470, made note of every tiny, little ding and scratch on my suv. None of which measured over a 1/2 inche. Per my lease agreement anything under a 1/2 inche is considered "normal wear and tear". A bill was sent to us for $809.00 for these "normal wear and tear" items. No paint work was ever done on my car, all the original glass in tact and no dings or dents. Vehicle is in sound, great mechanical condition and tires are in great condition also. What gives??

The end came and we decided to purchase the vehicle outright. We titled it in our business name which lists me as the president. This should have "forgave" my bill. NO! They still wanted me to pay the $809! SO, let me get this right, I buy the car outright and I still have to pay you damages and still have to pay the full buy out price too? They robbed me blind.

Well, we disputed the charges with them, stayed in contact every month and each time the person on the phone agreed with us and promised to talk to someone who could make the final decision and plead our case. 8 months went by and I received a bill from a credit collection company now. But the bill was less than orignally. Now it was $600. I said to my husband that I didn't want to screw up our credit so lets just pay it and be done with them. Which we did. We pulled our credit bureau before we paid and no collection was listed and no negitive marks were there under US Bank either. The bill was satisfied in 1 week from the day we received it. We figured we now can go on with our life. NOT!

We went to a bank for a credit line for our business and the representative asked us about the late marks on our lease. WHAT!!!! Yup, they not only marked it as a collection but gave me 8, over 90 days late, late marks! Dropping my credit score a whopping 60 points because of it! And suprise suprise, everyone I talk to a US Bank says the marks should not be there and it is wrong, the person I talked too can not personally do anything to change it, someone else has to. However, everyone they transfer us too says the same thing. So there I am. Paid a un-fair fee and still had my credit damaged......... :-(

Location: Elmhurst, Illinois

Comments

u.s. bANK DID same thing to us.

Disgusted.

U.S. Bank is the worst!

I have had a similar experience also. I have leased multiple times and never anything owed.

They nit picked over everything. Even things still under warranty. Rim scratches, leather, dings that are tiny. Everything came back listed.

I was also told about a $395 fee also due at end not by dealer. I will no longer lease with them.

Ally only.

Same thing happeened to me.

I am a leasing agent with a large leasing company. US Bank was one of our largest lenders.

They became such a nightmare to deal with that we started our own leasing company in house to avoid them altogether. I'm not sure how they get away with it but, they routinely add THOUSANDS to lease payoff's when they get about 18 months before the lease is up. This doesn't matter if you turn it in, but will cost you thousands if you want to keep the car, or trade out of the lease early. US Bank is now partnered with General Motors to provide leasing, and they add money to GM car payoff's, even when WE leased them and not the dealership.

Never trust what a dealership tells you, read the contract. Deal with a leasing professional you feel is being truthful and look up their reviews. If you're working with a dealership, and the person explaining the lease to you does not COMPLETELY understand their lease and can explain every paragraph on the agreement, RUN! In my experience, very few dealership finance managers understand how a lease really works.

Leasing can be great, if you fully understand everything and aren't just shopping for the lowest payment. I'm lucky to work for a company that keeps our clients needs as the top priority. Yes, we make a profit on every client, but we do it the right way.

This isn't an advertisement for my company. I won't even list their name.

Well - you are all right...I am helping my parents - Seniors lease their new car..get this monster of a story. 1.

New dealer gets a payoff of $24785 - 2. My parents documents have a payoff of $19575 and they have 1 payment left wouldn't it make sense to have do the deal with the dealership to buy the car at the amount of $22700 make my parents deal as we had negotiated... NOPE !! US BANK is probably one of the most incredulous institutions.

Yes get the deal on the front end and *** at on the back end - what an interesting pun on words...

Tell your dealers you won't deal with them and sooner or later they will have to change their ways. Or they will loose their business one customer at a time.

@PissedConsumer671873

We had the SAME thing happen to us. How is this possible?

NO ONE AT THE BANK COULD EXPLAIN TO US WHY!!!! Our buyout was $18,900 - a dealer who wanted my car as a TRADE IN purchase would have to pay $24,900... IT IS CRIMINAL.

US Bank should NOT be in business.

I WORK AT A DEALERSHIP THAT HAS USBANK, AND THEY ARE ONE OF THE MORE PLEASANT LEASING COMPANYS OUT THERE. THERE PROGRAMS ALWAYS RESULT IN THE CHEAPEST PAYMENTS PER VEHICLE OVER THE OTHER TWO LEASING COMPANIES WE USE.

THIS IS NOT A COMMON OCCURANCE WITH US BANK. THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS CAN HAPPEN TO ANY CUSTOMER, AT ANY TIME, FROM ANY LENDER, IF YOU ARE TO HAVE AN INSPECTOR WHO IS IN A BAD MOOD THAT DAY, OR WHO JUST HAS A CHIP ON THEIR SHOULDER. THE CONSUMER IS TREATED UNFAIRLY WHEN IT COMES TO COLLECTIONS, AND CREDIT BUREAU INFORMATION BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO DISPUTE ANYTHING, AND ACTUALLY GET YOUR GOAL ACCOMPLISHED.

IF YOUR PAYMENTS WERE TRULY MADE ON TIME, YOU SHOULD GET A LAWYER AND GO AFTER THEM FOR DAMAGES AGAINST YOUR CREDIT HISTORY, WHICH RESULTED IN HIGHER INTEREST RATES DOWN THE ROAD ON YOUR HOME. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO BEAT THEM IF YOU CAN OBTAIN PROOF FROM YOUR BANK THAT THEY RECIEVED THE PAYMENTS ON TIME,.

@PissedConsumer631371

US Bank has competitive pricing on the front end, but use "excessive" wear and tear as profit mechanism. Whatever payment savings you might have will be consumed at the end by gouging.

My example, they want to nick me for very minor scratches on the rims. $375 per rim. I asked what it covered, and was told new rims. I then asked if they will send me the old rims.

No. Why not. They have not decided whether to do anything. I then find out that an auction company will pick up the returned vehicle to sell it.

US Bank will incur no cost for the rims, and the vehicle will not have any adverse value as a result of the rims.

US Bank is not a good company, and should be avoided.

I am sorry that you all had such a bad experience with US Bank. Thank you for sharing.

You saved me from such a horror story, so please know that there are repercussions for this unscrupulous institution. Because of your sharing, I traded in my car early to escape the end of lease nightmare. Fortunately I had equity, to avoid the US Bank end of lease scam. I just wanted to post here to let you know that people are listening and you are saving people by reporting your story.

In leasing my new car, I was quoted a new lease payment through US bank.

Of course, they were the cheapest. I said no and shared your stories. The Finance person pretended to listed, but just didn't get it and kept quoting me US Bank along with a couple others. I ended up paying an additional $20 per month to avoid US bank, but that will end up being a savings vs.

dealing with US Bank.

And yes, US bank did increase my quoted payoff after the trade in and increased it by nearly $1000. BEWARE US BANK!

I had a similar situation. I have had 5 leases in the past and NEVER owed money for repairs - this return (7/12) of my focus (cleanest return yet) was met with $700 in "repairs" for "paint scratches" and also a mysterious $300+ "termination fee" which apparently was somewhere in the fine print.

They were completely "nit-picking" - I will NEVER lease through them again.

I now have another Ford lease through Ford. :(

I had a similar situation with US Bank on a vehicle lease. I did an early lease termination.

Paid the remaining payments plus the early termination fee. Vehicle was picked up at my home by a transport company. Two weeks later, I get a bill for excess "wear and tear" charges for $170.00. This vehicle was in excellent condition with no body damage when I turned it in.

I questioned it and protested it with US Bank vehicle leasing department but they refused to accept any supporting information that I had. I refused to pay. They notified me in a letter that they were turning me over to a collection agency and that I only had so many days to pay my bill. Again, I phoned the leasing dept and offered to pay 50% and call the matter settled.

They refused my offer. I know from past business experience that when an uncollectible account is turned to a collection agency, they will typically charge 40-50% to the client (US Bank). So I thought this was a fair offer. After they turned me over to the collection agency, I received harrassing phone calls day and night for over two weeks.

Finally, I gave in and sent a check to the collection agency and on the memo line wrote "disputed payment". Long story short, now 5 years later my wife and I are refinancing our home for a lower interest rate. My bank does a credit report and quess what, US Bank has me listed as a serious delinquent.

Result--I was not able to get as low of an interest rate because of this. Lesson: If you try to stand up to a large banking corporaton for something that's unjust, they slap you in the face big time!

US Bank Reviews